Friday, April 20, 2007

Why do I blog?

Trinifa has tagged me with the "Why do you blog" meme.

I don't really go into memes, as they tend to take up too much space on many blogs. However, I do an exception to memes that might tell my readers a little about myself and why I am doing this, without revealing too many details about me as a person (or my work place, friends etc.)

So five reasons for me blogging.

1) Well, I started this blog to write this post. Unfortunately it caught little attention, probably mostly due to the fact that I didn't get my act together to write it before Hovind was found guilty of tax evasion. It is still one of the bigger google draw-ins though, so hopefully it has some impact.

2) I continued the blog because I wanted to write more well-researched posts, similar to the two guest posts I made for Orac in times past, and not depend upon others to host them for me. I have written some of such posts (such as the universal health care posts), though I'll freely admit that too many of my posts have been light-weight. This is something I am considering how to change - and if it should be changed, given that it can be hard for me to predict which posts that actually generate traffic. I would never had thought that my Ann Coulter post would have generated such traffic.

3) It's a good way to practice my English (which reminds me, if people see errors that's not obvious typos, please feel free to bring them to my attention).

4) It allows me to abuse neo-Creationists and other morons.

5) Ego-googling. The hit counts just rises when you have a blog.

I tag:
tigtog of Hoyden About Town
SA Smith (Abbie) of ERV
Skeptico of Sketico
Tyler DiPietro of Greedy, Greedy Algorithms
Kaethe of "ae" and sometimes "a¨"

Feel free to ignore the tagging, if memes aren't your thing.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Trinifar said...

"which reminds me, if people see errors that's not obvious typos, please feel free to bring them to my attention"

Okay: "that's" should be "they're" since subject & verb should have the same purality. Yeah, I know that was likely more in the typo category. :-) Good idea to state clearly you appreciate feedback on language. Many, myself included, don't want to sound condescending by offering it if it is not desired. (And I'm envious of multilingual people!)

I pretty much feel the way you do about memes. I like what you did with this one.

April 21, 2007 9:15 AM  
Blogger Kristjan Wager said...

Well, not exactly a typo, more likely a result of writing early in the morning.
That might also explain how the umlaud got misplaced in the link to Kaethe (I'm not going to correct either of these mistakes, since they are minor).

April 21, 2007 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think trinifar means "that's" ought to be "THAT ARE," not "they're," but in general, yes, agreement of number is a good thing.

I haven't picked up this meme yet myself, Kristjan, but it's at least worth thinking about. Hmm.

April 23, 2007 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

December 11, 2009 2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home