Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mystery animal


Critter on bridge
Originally uploaded by Kristjan Wager
I encountered this animal on my way to work yesterday (in Malmö, Sweden) - I think it's related to a ferret as it moves and looks the same way, but I am not sure what sort of animal it is. Can anyone identify it?

There are two more images at it here and here.

Update: Some of facebook friends identified it as a mink. It doesn't appear to be native to Sweden, so it has probably been released at some stage.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rasmus said...

An otter, maybe?

March 27, 2010 1:47 PM  
Blogger Kristjan Wager said...

I was considering an otter, but it seemed too ferret like - then again, having never seen an otter in real life, how would I be able to tell?

March 27, 2010 2:10 PM  
Blogger Kristjan Wager said...

See update

March 27, 2010 2:46 PM  
Blogger Tuuli said...

Introduced American mink, actually. They were originally released/escaped from fur farms but they also breed in the wild now.

March 29, 2010 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home