Saturday, December 06, 2008

Six Arbitrary Things About Me Meme

It appears to be the season of memes, and I've been tagged again, this time by Mike Haubrich

Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random arbitrary things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Arbitrary factoid #1: I hold a dual Danish-Australian citizenship. This is an artifact of having parents from two different countries.

Arbitrary factoid #2: I grew up with two parents who smoked. This might explain why I have never felt attracted to smoking myself.

Arbitrary factoid #3: While this might surprise people who work with me, I consider myself rather shy. Not in the quiet way that some people are shy, but rather in the way that I don't feel comfortable in social situations where I don't know anyone. If I am at a party where I know few or no people, odds are that I'll leave early - unless of course, I get drunk, in which case I am less bothered by such things.

Arbitrary factoid #4: I hate calling people on the phone if I haven't called them before. For some reason I find the whole concept of perhaps calling the wrong person very embarrassing. Funny enough, I don't have any problems calling someone I have called before.

Arbitrary factoid #5: Factoid #4 leads quite naturally to the fact that I embarrass easily, and hate embarrassing situations, or even movies. You won't catch me watching American comedies, since these are usually based upon the funniness of embarrassing situations.

Arbitrary factoid #6: It appears that I am good at networking. Even among consultants, who are in general good at this, I am considered good at it. This is a useful skill in work-related situations, but my friends also benefits from this skill once in a while.

As is my habit, I won't tag anyone, but if any of my readers wants to do the meme, feel free.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kristjan. Some pretty cool stuff in there. Looks like you share at least one thing with Barack Obama.

December 06, 2008 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home