Thursday, December 27, 2007

End of Year Meme

Tyler DiPietro has tagged me with this meme from his new haunt

Basically I have to answer some questions about the upcoming year.

1. Will you be looking for a new job?

This is the sort of question that it would be unwise to answer truthfully, if I had planned to. Fortunately I can say truthfully that I don't plan to change job any time soon. In 2006 I shopped around a bit, but I am pretty satisfied with my current job.

2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?

Yes. Or, sort of. Meaning that I probably won't exactly be looking for one, but I will certainly be open for one.

3. New house?

Do I look that rich? Houses are waaaaay out of my price range. I bought a nice little apartment (one bedroom, two rooms in total) at the end of last month, and have moved into it. So I doubt I will be moving anywhere next year.

4. What will you do differently in 08?

Spend more time with friends. Exercise more, among other things by driving my bike more. Other than that, I can't really think of anything.

5. New Years resolution?

Loose weight, exercise more. Maybe (just maybe) drink less.

6. What will you not be doing in 08?

Study much. I am kind of burned out from both working full time and study at the same time, so I will finish my current school stuff, and then take a break.

7. Any trips planned?

Not really, but I do plan on going traveling.

8. Wedding plans?

See 2.

9. Major thing on your calendar?

Not anything that I can think of at the top of my head.

10. What can’t you wait for?

Getting rid of Bush and Cheney.

11. What would you like to see happen differently?

Globally, I'd like to see less violence, and more focus on Global Warming. In my own life, I'd like to prioritize friends higher - periodically I've been too busy to see enough of them.

12. What about yourself will you be changing?

My shape. And I'll try to be less arrogant.

13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?

Hmmmm..... Except for some personal things that I won't share, to protect other peoples' privacy, I can't think of anything.

14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?

I am generally a nice guy towards other people, but I am sure that there is room for improvement, so that is certainly something to aim for.

15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?

Yes. Less jeans and t-shirts and more pants and shirts (though probably not ties too often). I used to have a job where I had to wear shirt and tie, and as a reaction totally stopped wearing that sort of things after I changed jobs. Now, I think it's time to wear them occasionally.

16. Will you start or quit drinking?

I might drink less. And things of higher quality. What I certainly will do, is to buy less alcohol for the home bar.

17. Will you better your relationship with your family?

Don't particularly plan on it. I get along with them pretty well, but most of them live on the opposite side of the world from me.

18. Will you do charity work?

No.
Charity work is not something that's widespread in Denmark, as we pay for a welfare system through our taxes.

19. Will you go to bars?

Yes, though probably less so than during 2007.

20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?

Within reason, yes.

21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?

As a matter of fact, I do.

22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?

It's always hard to tell about yourself, but I don't think I've changed so much in the last couple of years.

23. Do you plan on having a child?

No.

24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?

I think I will have more friends by the end of the year than I have now, but my current friends are generally people I've known for at least five years, so I don't expect to loose any of them.

25. Major lifestyle changes?

More healthy living.

26. Will you be moving?

See 3.

27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?

I can't think of anything. I live a boring life.

28. What are your New Years Eve plans?

None so far. Might go out and drink with some friends, but it could end up with me staying at home.

29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?

Not as far as I know.

30. One wish for 08?

A Democratic President in the US.

At this point I should tag people, but I think I'll skip that part for now. If anyone wants to be tagged, consider themselves being so.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to somehow hook up with Angelina Jolie......

January 18, 2008 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home