Friday, September 07, 2007

Been a bad week on the death front

Madeleine L’Engle has died, 88 years old. She is most famerous for her book A Wrinkle in Time, but had written numerous other books.

The world's greatest tenor (and I say this without intending any slight to Placido Domingo) has died. Luciano Pavarotti at his best had a voice which like we'll likely never hear again. I'm not a huge opera fan, though I can appreciate it, but even before the first concert with the 3 tenors, I was impressed by Pavarotti. Unfortunately his voice went downhill in later years, but I can still remember Pavarotti singing together with Domingo and Carreras and simply outshining those two great talents.

There was also a right-winged Christian fundamentalist who died in the US, but who cares.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home