Sunday, June 24, 2007

Natasja Saad, 1974-2007

Edit: I had written the wrong year in the headline - obviously it was 2007.

I just found out that one of my old classmates from primary school has been killed in a car accident in Jamica.

Natasja Saad, aka Little T, was a dance-hall musician, who had her big international breakthrough last year.

She died while she was on the top of her musical career, which has spanned since I went to school with her. I haven't had anything to do with her since we were in the same class, but I have been following her career, and been happy that she finally got her well deserved breakthrough.

Damn it.

Update: I can see that many people have found this post through google. If people are looking for information of what will happen now, I suggest keeping an eye on Natasja's Myspace page, where there will be updates.

If you can read Danish, and bear it, I would also suggest reading all the comments at her profile. Those show how big an influence Natasja had on people. There is one post there that nearly made me break down, by one of our former classmates, who contained such anguish that it was nearly unbearable. Rasmus, if you ever read this, my thought goes out to you.

My thoughts also go out to Karen Mukupa, who was in the car with Natasja, and had the sad duty of telling Natasja's mother about the death. I've never met Karen Mukupa, but I remember talking with her when I was having a birthday party in 9th grade. She and Natasja then formed the dou No Name Requested, and had suddently gotten a job that evening, so she had to get Natasja there. She was very nice on the phone, and appologized many times to me for calling one of my guests away.

While Denmark has lost a great talent and I a piece of my past, Karen Mukupa has lost a childhood friend under the worst circumstances imaginable. Let's all hold her and Natasja's family in our thoughts in these hard times.

Update II: I have written a follow-up post



Picture by Jeanet Trebbien. Used with her permission.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Ruggero Catania said...

hi.
sad news.
her voice is in our song forever.
can you write me, I wish to know some news about that shit, I can't read danish. maybe you know some more.

hug from Italy.

June 26, 2007 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just discovered her music a week ago and I was listening to it every day. I just read about what happened. It really struck me...

I will never forget her!

Kisses from Holland

June 26, 2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have posted a link to the story on BigCulture.com

June 27, 2007 3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that another wonderful person past away. My heart goes out to her family :(

June 28, 2007 8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a tragic loss... and at the top of her game, too :(

R.I.P.

Emily from Toronot, Canada

December 15, 2007 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow just heard her music with enur, and loved the video and searched for her and found out the tragic news , what a sad story , R.I.P. . May God Bless her soul. love from chicago IL. USA.

December 17, 2007 1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace and love forever

Is all I can say

January 30, 2008 10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll always live on in our herts through YOUR MUSIC!

February 14, 2008 12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another amamzing and wonderful person leaves too soon. Will always be remember through her music.
R.I.P
Floyd, CT USA

February 25, 2008 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, just dicovered her music 3 weeks ago, I was excited to listen to more when I bought her CD on ITUNES, someone posted that she passed away last year.....she is very unique and her Songs are forever in My heart!

Nanc C. California, USA

April 25, 2008 5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rip

July 22, 2008 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found out who did the song I saw in a commercial today and through the Google site I ended up here. So sad to see one so young and talented on the cusp of international superstardom lose their life. I guess Heaven needed one more angel.

I shal be rocking Calabria all day tomorrow at work.
MJ

August 27, 2008 7:00 AM  
Anonymous Jamie-Lynn said...

OMG
I am just a little child 11 years old and when I found out she was dead on the comments on youtube.com I was so shocked after reading all the comments that she died. May she rest in peace and may God give her the same gift of music up in heaven. ( she is very unique and talented and has the best songs out their)

RIP.

June 14, 2009 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its december 2009. I have heard this song: Calabria and lovvved it! i never knew who song it, did not know the words but i loved it. I just happened to catch a few catch phazes "talk of the town" and posted it on youtube. and found out this angle was dead. I have chills. may she rest in peace. her music trulyy loves on.

December 03, 2009 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently came across her music recently while looking for a song for my wedding. I was not familiar with her before and was not aware of her passing until after my wedding. My wedding is on youtube under "Gary and Aurelia's wedding" with a mention of the song in the discription. I hope in my little way it keeps her music alive a little longer. I guess that one defination of a artist could be "One whos work is enjoyed even after their passing."

August 10, 2010 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found some of her songs on YouTube a few weeks ago and loved them. However I was shocked to find out that she had died in June 2007 in a car accident. She was so talented and it was a shame that she had to pass away at the top of her game.

R.I.P

Love from Cayman Brac, Cayman Islands.

April 16, 2011 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTn93pYDcno&feature=related

her family :) sounds like each other

October 04, 2011 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Luis N said...

This makes me so sad :( RIP Natasja! We Love and Miss you! Over four years later and I am still playing your #1 hit song. Always in our hearts, God Bless you darling.

November 21, 2011 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home