Thursday, May 03, 2007

B.Sc. (computer science)

I just got a letter from the University of Copenhagen. The content was about a couple of old subject I took back in the days when I studied economics, and wanted to count towards my current education. The university accepted it, and by a stroke of a pen, I'm suddently a B.Sc. in computer science, since it brings my total number of ECTS points up to 182.5 (180 ECTS points are required)

It's not like I got a lot out of it, but I did shave off a few months of active studying by doing this. Considering that I am working full time (or more) next to my study, it's pretty nice.

Now, I've just filled out my application for studying towards becoming a Cand.Sc. in computer science, which is approved more or less automatically. A Cand.Sc. is similar to the US M.Sc., except it requires that you hold a B.Sc. in the same subject, and thus study the subject for five years in total. This is where the fun starts.

I think I'll head out and grab a few beers.

It's a long weekend in Denmark, and it's a pretty busy one for me, so expect light or no blogging from my side.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kaethe said...

Congratulations! Enjoy your long weekend. What's the holiday for?

May 03, 2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger Kristjan Wager said...

It's a national Danish holiday - called Store Bededag, which can be translated directly as Great Praying Day.
It used to be that there were a number of prayer days all over the year, but at one stage, a King got tired of all the days of unproductivity, so he collected them together in one big day.

I'll leave it up to other peoples' imagination to figure out how much I'm going to pray today.

May 04, 2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger ERV said...

Yay! Congratulations!

May 04, 2007 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home